Club Rules & Regulations
- These rules may be updated during the year and it is the members’ responsibility to attend occasional club meetings to ensure they are conversant with any changes.
- All members must obey any instructions given by or on behalf of Imerys Minerals.
- All persons using these facilities must be a member of SABBC and hold a Launching Member Photo Pass.
- Friends and family of Launching Members may become Associate Members but do not have individual access to the Port and must be accompanied by a Launching Pass holder, who is responsible for the safety and conduct of their guests at all times.
- All passes/stickers are to be carried/displayed at all times, port security, local police, and club representatives will be checking passes/stickers, if you do not have your pass/sticker you will be asked to leave the port.
- An SABBC Health & Safety Induction must be attended before membership commences. Thereafter, a 5 year refresher induction will be held and must be attended by launching members before passes are re-issued.
- Launching Passes and Moorings are individual and not transferable, and must not be loaned. Members are not permitted to launch a non-members boat. Misuse of passes will result in expulsion from the club.
- All members must sign in and out at the Port Office and display a “tally” in their vehicle.
- Members must enter a contact telephone number in the logging-in book in the Port Office. This will be used to confirm a members safety in cases of emergency only.
- All members launching at Par must park their cars and trailers only in the marked designated areas, in a manner that does not obstruct Imerys vehicles.
- All members to keep to the speed limit 15 mph and drive with care. Use of mobile phones whilst driving is prohibited.
- A Boat Club Hi-Viz waistcoat must be worn at all times when walking anywhere within the port. Please walk to and from the slipway via the pedestrian walkways and ensure that guests remain in the designated waiting area and keep at least 2 meters from the harbour edge.
- Members should ensure that their vehicle is capable of launching and recovering their boat safely, or should use the supplied ring at the top of the slipway. Only the designated area of the slipway is to be used. The use of the vertical ladders in the slipway area is prohibited.
- No passengers to be left in the vehicle or boat on the slipway when the driver is launching or recovering a boat.
- All members must wait their turn to launch and recover boats and keep out of the way of all commercial vessels entering or leaving the port.
- Members who have boats moored at Par are liable for any costs incurred by the Club or Imerys in salvage or clean-up operations caused by their boats. This includes the removal of unauthorised boats.
- Boats must be moored in accordance with guidelines specified by the Sluice Working Party.
- Any member found damaging or removing port property will be expelled from the club.
- No alcohol to be consumed on the docks. All members are responsible for disposal of their own rubbish off site.
- All members are to ensure that their vessel is adequately insured as the club only carries public liability insurance and is not liable for any other claims.
- All members must inform the club immediately about changes to the information supplied on the application form.
- A Membership Joining Fee is applied to all new members.
- A Late/Lapsed Membership Renewal Fee is applied for late renewal of existing memberships after the January meeting.
- Membership is not available to anyone under 18 years of age.
- Overall boat length is currently limited to 20ft. Personal Water Craft/Jet Skis are not permitted.
- If moorings are not used during June, July or August, moorings in the sluice will be revoked.
- All vehicles, trailers and boats are expected to be road legal.
It is the responsibility of all members to ensure that these rules are upheld by all using this facility, to ensure a safe environment for our boating. Any member in breach of club rules or bringing the club into disrepute will face possible expulsion. They will have to apply in writing to the committee to rejoin the club, after a period of suspension.
|© SABBC 2019|