Following further clarification from Imerys, and their kind offer to use their weighbridge, The Executive Committee has concluded the following actions for boat club members:
If you think the combined weight of your vehicle, boat and trailer is over 3.0 tonnes, please carry out the following procedure.
- On your next visit to the harbour (with your boat), go over the weighbridge and note the combined weight of your vehicle, boat and trailer. You will observe your gross weight on the display screen through the weighbridge window, This gross weight should then be written in our signing in register, either under your name or within the “Department/Address” column.
- When using the weighbridge, please give priority to Imerys or other commercial vehicles wishing to use it and obey any instruction given by Imerys Personnel.
- Reflective waistcoats should be worn when at this location.
- If your gross weight is over 3.5 tonnes, you should not go over the weak bridge, but gain access to and from the slipway via the access road to the north of the sluice pond.
- If your gross weight is under 3.5 tonnes, you should proceed over the weak bridge and access the slip in the normal way.
- This Procedure is only required on one occasion unless your gross weight increases/decreases.
- Please notify the committee through the FB page of any difficulties or concerns you may have.
Thank you for your cooperation on this matter - The Executive.